Friday, March 6, 2015

Starting Again....


So.... it's been a while.... a long, long while.  While I could list a number of excuses...and a number of reasons why my posts have been so few and far between nonexistent.... it might be best to just "start again."  


Although here in the midwest we haven't been bombarded with the snow that the rest of the country has....winter has seemed especially long this year.   


Freezing temperatures, homework and cold and flu bugs have forced us to stay inside these last few months, and had us aching for spring and warmer weather.  I heard a rumor that temps might hit in the upper 70s next week.....ohhh I'm soooo ready.  We are already making plans for SUMMER in this house.  Just the other day, I heard the littles planning out bike rides... The discussion involved who would be riding and who would be in charge of walking "Henry"(whose persisting desire to gnaw on furniture MUST indicate he has cabin fever too!)


We are all a little desperate for summer to arrive, and after a few weeks of lost mail keys, speeding tickets (YIKES) , general clumsiness, and sickness...these butterflies seem to be  the perfect way to bring a little spring into the kitchen.


Sooo... you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I found these pretties and an amazing tutorial on Haniela's blog.  Her tutorials are always so fun to watch....her talent and creativity....remarkable.


Just in case I don't say it enough.... I am so grateful for all of these "cookie friends" like Haniela ....so grateful for their willingness to share and educate.  Sometimes it makes those late nights a little more bearable knowing I am  not the only one dealing with royal icing dilemmas, craters, or stained airbrush colored hands.


Creating cookies can be a stress reliever....a hobby, or a job.  And those nights when I'm standing in my kitchen past midnight washing out teeny tiny 0 PME tips...., my hands and nails stained with that black frosting... I wonder if it's really worth all the effort.  After all... it IS just a cookie.


But it is worth it....when I see the smiles of those receiving them.  It's worth it when I watch my youngest carefully open the cookie bag and eat every last crumb.  It's worth it when I see those blue or pink stained lips.  It's worth it.  And so the next day.... I am ready to "start again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment